HelpFirst offers machine-learning prioritisation for organisations with a duty of care. We are looking for a Product Manager to join our mission to give vulnerable clients the priority they deserve.
We're proud of our impact. HelpFirst improves the way vulnerable clients are triaged and prioritised. HelpFirst offers peace of mind to caseworkers and their supervisors that their vulnerable clients are being prioritised systematically.
You’ll be our first product hire, working directly with Andy, HelpFirst's founder, and with the tech team.
Backed by CivTech, with 18 months of funding in place, our first client is Extra Help Unit at Citizens Advice Scotland, but we're just getting started. We are growing, and we want you to grow with us.
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, reach out! We'd love to meet you.
🤔 What you will be doing
We're seeking a dynamic Product Manager to join our team in London. You will help steer the product vision, design and development for HelpFirst.
We are a small team. This role will suit someone with entrepreneurial drive. We value getting stuff done.
- Work with the team to define the product roadmap, aligning it with business objectives and customer needs.
- Collaborate with customers and potential customers to explore their needs and how they fit into HelpFirst.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Prioritise and manage product backlog, balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders.
- Evaluate product performance using relevant KPIs and feedback to enhance the user experience.
✅ What we’re looking for
- 2+ years experience with SaaS products, ideally in a B2B environment.
- Experience with all stages of the product ideation, design, and execution process, from research and concept development to final production and rollout:
- Enthusiasm for user-research: from planning and conducting research sessions to synthesising research into actionable insights.
- A keen eye for user centric design and great attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and can articulate complex subjects in ways that help your coworkers understand and build product to solve for
- Entrepreneur mindset to seek opportunities to help with all aspects of the business
- Purpose-driven and passionate about finding ways to help the most vulnerable at scale.
- You’re excited to be our first product hire and play a key role in shaping a high-growth, early stage company. You’re comfortable to fail fast in order to grow and learn what works.
🔥 Would be nice to have
- An interest in AI/ML - or even better, experience with it.
- Semi-technical with knowledge of Azure or CRMs, would be amazing.
- Experience dealing with data protection and information governance.
🛠 Tools we use
- Hugging Face
❤️ Why HelpFirst
- Hybrid, full-time position. We work together at least 2 days per week, from a beautiful warehouse studio overlooking the canal in Islington.
- Sustainable and healthy working matters to us. We care about building delightful products for our customers, not hitting arbitrary daily hour counts.
- We’re a small team of builders. No bureaucracy or unnecessary meetings, just shipping new product, talking to users, and learning as quickly as we can.
- We care deeply about design. Building a great user experience is crucial to the success of HelpFirst.
- 30 days holiday, including UK bank holidays
- Lunch is on us. When you are in the office, we eat lunch together.
- Knock off early Fridays. We finish at 3:30 on Friday. Have a great weekend!
- Pension. Provided by NEST. You contribute 5%, we contribute 3%
🤗 Sounds like this is for you?
Join us on our mission to ensure that at-risk customers get the priority they deserve. If you're ready to bring your expertise, enthusiasm, and innovative thinking to our team, apply today.
HelpFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job posted: 20th September 2023
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + we would also offer anywhere between 1-0.2% equity - reflecting this is a founding product role.
Interested in this role? Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.